Seniors residence owner speaks

0 Comments

The owner of the Quebec seniors’ residence that was destroyed by a fire last week has spoken publicly for the first time.Roch Bernier attended today’s memorial service in the town to offer condolences to the families of the victims. He said now is not the time to say whether he will rebuild the residence.Meanwhile, operations were temporarily stopped this morning because of high winds and blowing snow in the area.On Saturday, police confirmed the fire killed at least 10 people and another 22 remain missing. Quebec’s premier Pauline Marois visited the town today and said changes will be made to prevent future tragedies like this one.Marois says she will wait until the investigation is complete before making any decisions.The cause of the fire is still being investigated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *